Thursday, October 14, 2010

Article D

Prensky, M. (2004) “What Can You Learn From a Cell Phone”. Retrieved October 14, 2009, from http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/Prensky-What_Can_You_Learn_From_a_Cell_Phone-FINAL.pdf
I read the article “What Can You Learn From a Cell Phone? – Almost Anything” by Mark Prensky.  This article just basically talked about how awesome cell phones are.  Cell phones have changed a great deal ever since their beginning.  They changed in ways according to their size, shape, and capabilities.  Mark says in the first paragraph, “Today’s high-end cell phones have the computing power of a mid 1990’s PC.”  Cell phones have this much capability and also use “one one-hundreth of the energy”, according to Mark.  To me, that’s pretty amazing.
Cell phones are computers in your pockets.  They allow people to do almost anything now-a-days.  SMS (Short Messaging Service) Messaging, also known as texting, is a very handy feature.  It allows people to send messages back in forth without talking on the phone.  It’s a quick and also addicting feature that everybody, and I mean everybody uses.  Before, all you could do was text words between you and another party.  Now you can send texts containing, music, pictures, and videos. 
When I say they’re computers in your pocket, I mean it.  Cell phones are actually handheld computers.  They’re capable of gaining access to the internet.  When on the internet browser, it’s not like it’s slow.  It’s actually pretty decently fast with its 3G speed.  The only limit I’d say cell phones have with the internet would be how much you can see on your screen.  I know on my phone, the LG Envy Touch, if the site had a lot on it, it’d tell you that the content was too big or too much.  Regardless, that’s pretty much the only flaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment