Monday, November 15, 2010

Article D: Electronic Whiteboards

Anonymous. eHow. “How Are Smart Boards Used in the Classroom?”. Retrieved Nov. 15, 2010, from                http://www.ehow.com/about_5101358_smart-boards-used-classroom.html
I read the article, “How Are Smart Boards Used in the Classroom?”, by an anonymous author.  After reading this, I think to myself, how awesome are smart boards?  A smart board would be a great device to use in the classroom.   There are so many things that someone one is able to perform on a smart board.  Its multi-purpose accessibility does nothing but benefit the teacher and students as well.  It’s also a fun device to use in the classroom for both the students and teacher.
Smart boards are fun for all students.  This means elementary and high school students.  Elementary students would love to draw on the smart board using the multi-colored magic pen.  Learning to write in cursive or spell words would be appealing to them as well.  High school students like the smart board just as much or even more than younger students.  I’ll admit that I always found myself messing around on the smart board.  I’d always draw my shadow on the board and then fill in the face and clothing. 
Besides messing around on the smart board though, the smart bored can be very beneficial to high school students.  The smart board can obviously replace a chalk board or white board.  What’s neat about the smart board that could really benefit high school students is the ability to use the internet on the smart board.  You can get facts on the internet straight from the smart board.  Also, a cool feature that the smart board has is that you can navigate back and forth from the internet back to a blank screen.  This feature can be utilized to both the students and teachers advantage in the classroom.

1 comment: